The restaurant we went to tonight for dinner actually smelled like cat litter. Not fish, cat litter. The fish would have been excused, as it was the Fish House, but no. Cat litter. Honest to god cat fucking litter. It was not good for my appetite. They also lacked much on the vegan side of things so, I opted to go for fish again as I was in a coastal town and it might be worth it. The tuna was alright, but tasted way to much like steak with the grilled edges. I am sure for the dairy and meat consumers out there it's divine but... it left much to be desired on my end. Best veggie side I have ever had in one of those places though. They had yellow beets, kale and snow peas done to perfection.
This was preceeded by a visit to the Vancouver aquarium where I saw my beloved little otters and hopefully got a beauty of a photo of one of them. We saw the belugas, dolphins and seals otherwise as we got there at 4:15 and they closed at 5. Why were we so late do you ask? Well, I was climbing up mossy cypress giants getting macro photos of mushrooms and wandering through the mind boggilingly beautiful Stanley Park for 3 hours prior. We pretty much walked to the Aquarium from our house. No easy feat, hmm.
Besides this Demian and Kathleen came over after dinner and we played a few rounds of this ridiculous Africa game, and made improvements by adding cards and poking fun at Mr. Kai Altoff. For example, one card I made told the player that they could not travel through Madagascar as they were experiencing an epidemic of rabid aye-ayes. Demian had several tea-time cards, as people in Mali apparently sit about and drink tea a lot. Much fun was had, I think. (I should mention we didn't actually drink tea. Wine was the order of the night, as it were. I still haven't developed a taste for it, and am not sure if I ever will.) And a murder mystery was also solved today by Demian, even though me and Marusia are quite certain that the "blood" drops were indeed barbeque sauce.
Oh. I saw swans for the first time in the wild today. I got some beautiful pictures of them too. Further, I also saw my first real live holly bush! Which promptly punished me for taking a leaf to remember it by. I suppose I deserved it, being one of those aweful people that takes things from parks all the time.
Van Gogh umbrella and birds for hair are to be purchased tomorrow, along with a hat or two and perhaps some elusive turtle memorabelia. I suppose I sound also mention that this has also beens omewhat of a musical vacation for me as well. It's not been bad but, I will be happy to get to my own sonic diet. I've been subjected to my aunt's music, which has largely been Italian folk and opera. I am curious what about some people's age makes them automatically drawn to such genres? Another unanswerable question?
G'night.
L. Locke
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment