Photobucket

Friday, November 7, 2008

Meat is a Hallucinogen

I have a new photo concept to work on once I get home. First I need to find a suitable model, I think for once I am in need of a male model. It'll be interesting though. In short, I am exploring the idea of technology allowing us to be in more than one place at one and whether the distraction this brings is adding or subtracting our life experience, because it certainly is not iading in being present in the now. Less is more, or more is less? I don't know, but I do know that people seem to be getting more and more distracted from where they actual are. They are living in a virtual distraction (or world, if you must) using things like ipods, cell phones and wi fi internet. For example, you block out the noise of where you are with your favorite soundtrack, and you lose your phonetic presence. Thus no longer being there in the sound experience. All might be useless rambling and asking unanswerable questions of whether one is living more or less by being in more than one place at once, but it's going to end up being an interesting photo I hope. One of the first I'm actually going to be using a heavier amount of photo editing for.

Anyway. Onto other things. Today we did a floor of the Wack exibit at the VAG. Feminism is such an interesting and convolted topic, I don't specifically know what to think of it. I am not sure where I stand on the whole movement either, but modern art is certainly not for the close-minded. The gallery was certainly a visual overload though. I'm still sorting through the images and sounds and concepts.

Otherwise, lipstick shopping ensued, and I bought a new red. Needless to say I feel very Dita Von Teese when I wear it. I also ate some of the best sushi of my life and if it's anything like the last time I ate fish... I'll be dreaming about being an octopus or tuna tonight. I also ripped my favorite jeans today in the right knee, thus becoming a proud first time owner of legit torn jeans.

And, if I do become an artist...
I am going to make it accessible to everyone.
Understandable to the general public, not just the art community.

Over and Out.
- L.Locke

No comments: