Vancouver greated me with skin-silkening rain and the chirps of exuberant black starlings. The little birds sat in clusters at the top of a golden tree, as taxis drove beneath in parades taking passengers to their places of stay. It was my first flight alone, and the first time I'd set foot in BC in years. I think my age is finally starting to hit me. I can do this sort of thing all the time.
Anyway, our Caribbean born Indian taxi driver gifted me and my aunt with some of his chai, which he is planning to sell in Capers, a local grocery store. We're picking up soy milk tomorrow so I can try it.
Marusia made some very tasty falafels as a snack, and after that we headed off to an art show my cousin Demian, along with many people he went to school with was a part of. (Not before putting on lipstick of course. Marusia and I have both agreed to hitting a MAC store and getting her a new shade. I believe she is giving me hers, as in her words it makes her look dead. Apparently it makes a statement on me though.)
The art show was intriguing, though I spent just as much time observing the people as the artwork. The names of the artists have flown over my head though. Very overwhelming, for as small as it was. I got some neat little stamps by one artist, Keith Harris I believe it was. The stamps were all over the walls, most engaging little inscriptions. I'll post photos some other time. Another artist of note was one I can't remember but he did the most intricate designs, it was almost as if it were done on a loom with thread instead of paint. it's funny to think that if we were to take morden art back in time most of the artists in say, the 18th century would be in uproar! Stamping walls, cheat sheets and repetitive penmanship... art? Madness!
Lord. This lack of spell-check and computer set up is killing me. I apologize for any undue sloppiness.
Lastly, I enjoyed the most divine spicy peanut sauce at a restaurant called The Foundation. Beautiful veggie food there. I look forward to snacking on it sometime soon. (Note to self: make yam and lentil hummus to mimick their Mingling Yams dish, as well as the peanut pasta.)
A diet of more art, good food and most likely more rain in order for tomorrow.
-L.Locke
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment