Photobucket

Monday, November 10, 2008

First it was off to Granville to look at hats and otherwise putter about. I bought a little dreamcatcher necklace and some Roger's chocolate. The hats didn't work out so well unfortunately. I am going to opt for my dad's old hat, which I was gladly told Marusia has in store along with some other goodies. After granville we headed back to the Wack! show to do the finish off the first floor, and after about an hour we packed it in. I'd say we left in a very good mental space, and I'm looking forward to exploring this whole feminist movement and what it means for me. God knows I have the books to start my research with. I'm heading home with the start to a good artistic library, I think.

Also, I suppose I should make note of a second project which I have unknowingly started. A famous female photographer called Cindy Sherman explores female identity through her self-portrait film stills which capture various characters of Hollywood B movies. my exploration of self-portraiture was sort of stremaing in that direction so, I'll see where it goes withthis whole identity exploration thing.

After Wack! we took to the Skytrain in a hurry for some curry in Surrey. (after their art gallery, of course) Both were rather a dissapointment, I think. The gallery is a very ill used space. The achitechture is remarkable and provides so much potential for an amazing gallery but they shoved it in with some blathering work on environmental architecture. All very interesting, but hardly innovative artistically. There were some neat ideas for living spaces and such but... yeah. Not art.

The Indian food was alright, but nothing to rave about. And once again, Edmonton transit sucks. Oh. That reminds me, the Skytrain is actually robotically controlled, meaning no driver. A fact Marusia found deeply unsettling when Demian informed us of the fact. She proceeded to make faces to express her displeasure, and then decided that there was nothing to do for it, except to apply some lipstick. So, now you know how to respond to robots. Put on lipstick. I'm sure that man in "I,Robot" wished he knew that eh?

Over and out.
- L.Locke

No comments: