Photobucket

Sunday, September 28, 2008

dragon heart



There is the smell of Dragon's Blood in my room, pungently sweet and smokey. I sit in my warm bed drinking oversteeped green tea and eating naan bread. Red Sparrowes are playing in my stereo, fourth song into the paragraph of their story. I'm feeling nostalgic, and ever since my visit to the graveyard today I can't shake the chill from my spine. It's been eight years and yet I feel the space he left more than ever. I wonder if he has cast an approving eye upon my activities lately. If he is smiling upon me finally knowing what it is I am to do with my life....

1 comment:

kyles anima said...

thanks for visiting my blog....

I must say you are an amazing writer! I can feel the emotion, the pain the wonder, the insecurity and yet the comfort. Amazing!

Can't wait to read more. You have talent, keep writing!