Photobucket

Monday, October 6, 2008

Your Optimism is Sickening.




I mustn't be such a fervid misanthrope as I thought I was. I have such a compulsion to take care of people, I'm surprised I haven't considered medicine for a career. I re-packed my little first aid kit today (more thoroughly, mind you) because the few weeks I haven't had it people have been falling ill about me and I have been powerless to do a thing about it. And feeling very useless and selfish because of it.

As of now I am well armed against upset tummies, headaches, fevers, sore throats, heartburn, cuts, bruises, bug bites and swelling. Damn, it feels good. I think my best medicine for my own ills is to see to others. Seeing someone else happy is enough to make my day, if I have had a bit in the cause or even if not. Just witnessing it can send good vibes my way I guess. 

People are essentially not all bad. There are bad days, but in every barrel of apples there are ones who have gone a bit putrid. Such is life, and so are people. In essence though, humans are such a fascinating species. I think, I've just been a little misplaced. 

- Augustine/ L.Locke 

1 comment:

Morgan J. Smith said...

i admire you and your love.