Photobucket

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Life is Elsewhere

I am in love with him for the same reason I have begun to read while walking from point A to B. To survive the endless monotony of the real world. Perhaps, because my fantasies are as unattainable as he is, or because they resound so loudly with my soul I cannot ignore them. 

The realization that the ratio of people that are beautiful, thoughtful beings to those who are base narrow-minded beings is startlingly low, hit me. People are not remarkable, lovely things. We're no better than most of the animals we place ourselves above, for the most. So many of us are on one level, while very few soar higher. The Waking Life states that many of us are no better than advanced apes. This is too true and I have run head on into this fact. 

The beautiful gift and curse of the existence I live, is a thing to be grateful for. I don't think I will ever be able to fully appreciate it for it's full worth but I do thank the universe for making my cells sing the way they do. 

And, for the realization that people are indeed, boring and repetitive, I have taken up reading while walking through the mall to get to my job, or reading while on the bus, only looking up to admire the view while I cross the river. 

I live in my own Now, with the few who also sing it's tune. A secret society kept together with small hints and phrases and expressions left in books and in small expressions of detail. I'll be looking for you...

No comments: