I say here's to the Sea!
Easy to lure yet impossible to keep,
She will take the bait but not the hook.
Holding the bits of fisherman's hearts
and sailor's souls in her deepest depths,
you must understand
her tide must turn and turn it will.
It will turn the world around,
sometimes leaving too soon
and others lingering too long
leaving salt sores on the skin
and a terrible thirst for more.
Broken down doors and
half drowned wretches gasping for air.
The Sea, with her mermaids and sirens
taking the bait with her big fish, mermaids and flighty birds
leaving the hook for the heartbroken.
I say here's to the Sea!
Easy to lure yet impossible to keep,
She will take the bait but not the hook.
So I say to thee, you must understand
her tide must turn and turn it will,
and it will turn the world around.
But there is a time and there is a place,
for what may seem to some like a fragment of time,
and to some like forever
the Ocean may be held in the palm of your hand.

No comments:
Post a Comment